BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 14, 2011

Tumble Town!



Back in August, Dean started going to a gymnastics class every Thursday afternoon. Ella so desperate to get into that gym where all the big kids were having so much. I decided that I would enroll her in a Mommy-n-Me class that was at the same time as Dean's. The problem was, they wouldn't let her until she was 18 months old! So, for the last 6 months, every week at Dean's class she would try to sneak into the gym every time someone opened the door or she would sit by the door and cry because she couldn't get in.

Since she turned 18 months on Saturday, we decided to go ahead and enroll her in a Friday morning class (Dean isn't doing it anymore, so there was no reason for us to be there on Thursday afternoons).

When we got there this morning, she assumed her usual position by the door, saying "please let me in!" When I actually took her in, the look on her face was priceless. "You mean, I really get to go in there?" She was SO excited! She had a blast! She wasn't all that into doing what her group was doing since there was just so much to explore. Coach Sam (I REALLY liked him. He was AWESOME with my girlie!)said that was absolutely fine while she got acclimated and figured things out. She REALLY liked the swing and cried when our turn on it was over. She also really liked jumping on the trampoline and into the foam pit, although she kept getting frustrated that she couldn't climb out on her own. I am so excited that I get to do this with her now. I am really eager to see how her interest in this develops and if she gets into the "class" aspect of it and rotating stations with her group rather than just exploring on her own. I think this is really going to be a lot of fun for us!

0 comments: