Kyle had very casually asked me over the weekend if I had gotten my period yet. I told him that I hadn't but that I wasn't expecting until the following week.
The next week, I was at work and looking at the calendar to add up my hours and noticed date. I should have had my period the previous week, like Kyle thought. I didn't think much of it. I knew that there was no way I could be pregnant. But, just to shut up that little voice in the back of my head that was saying "what if?" I went up stairs to Deena's bathroom and grabbed a pregnancy test. I peed on the the stick and then stuck it back in the wrapper. I set it on the counter and went back to playing with Dean. About 10 minutes later, I went back into the bathroom to throw away the test and just took a quick peek at it before I did. I did a double take because I saw 2 pink lines!!!
I felt so many different emotions, I didn't even know what to do. First, I was thrilled because we had gotten pregnant on our own...something we were told that we would not be able to do! Second, I was grief-stricken. I just knew that the joy of seeing those 2 pink lines would end the way that the 2 previoud pregnancies had. I knew I would not be carrying this baby to term. Finally, I was completely panicked. I was actually hyperventilating! I was so excited and nervoud and I could not get ahold of Kyle. He was unreachable in clinic and it took him 4 hours to finally call me back. I called my family physician, my OB/GYN, and the fertility specialist that we had seen before and told them all that I thought I was pregnant and was panicked. Thay all had me come in for blood tests. I saw 2 of them that same afternoon and the other the next day. And what I found from having my blood drawn 3 diffrent time in 2 days was that my hormone levels were rising like they were supposed to. We were so thrilled but still cautiously optimistic.
And 8 months later on July 8, 2009....Ella Charlotte was in our arms!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment